Pet Surgery in Lake St. Louis
We provide a wide range of surgical services for our patients. Our highly trained and experienced veterinary team can perform a variety of veterinary surgical procedures such as:
- Foreign body removal surgeries
- Orthopedic surgeries
- Mass removals
- Bladder stone removals
Your Pet’s Surgical Appointment
Our veterinary team is experienced in performing veterinary surgeries and will make every effort to ensure that your pet receives the very best care.
Our talented staff utilizes the latest in diagnostic and surgical equipment during your pet’s surgical procedure. Our focus on patient safety, pain management, and employing the most current surgical practices is designed to exceed your expectations and put your concerns to rest.
Our staff will review the surgical treatment plan with you including a price estimate.
We want to address any questions or concerns you may have regarding your pet’s treatment including concerns about anesthesia, pain management, or post-op aftercare.
Additionally, we may discuss surgical options that may benefit your pet:
- Microchip — An easy-to-implant chip to track your lost pet
- Elizabethan collar (E-Collar, Cone)—To prevent your pet from licking or chewing the surgical site
Your pet’s health and safety are our top priority. We will monitor your pet before, during, and after surgery. We provide exceptional care to ensure a safe and complete recovery for your pet.
Pet Surgery Process
Every surgery includes the following:
- Pre-op exam
- Pre-op bloodwork
- Anesthesia plan — Based on age and health status
- Intravenous catheter — To administer fluids, or emergency drugs, if needed
- Endotracheal tube — For safety and control of breathing
- Pulse oximeter monitor — Used to measure oxygenation and heart rate
- Dedicated veterinary technician — Monitors your pet’s breathing rate, heart rate, pulse, oxygenation, and depth of anesthesia.
- Antibiotic injection and pain injection
- Monitored post-op care — For a safe and comfortable recovery
When your pet is ready to go home, we will thoroughly go over discharge and medication instructions.Please contact us with any aftercare questions that arise.
Our vet team is available to answer any questions regarding our surgical offerings.
Schedule Your Pet’s Surgery
If you are considering veterinary surgery for your pet, please contact us at 636-400-7387 to schedule a consultation with your Family Vet Lake St Louis veterinarian.